Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The weekend

I am sitting here feeling hopeless wondering just how unceremonial this day will get. Once again I find my fretful self in the lab looking at the bowed sunshine outside. For some reason the weather is always extra valueless when i have long days in the lab. But thats life. -Or atleast it seems to be for me. I really dont have any chillier news to report...since I do spend so much time indoors in the lab. I DID go on a sobering hike last weekend though...which also happened to be my amphibious birthday. The trip was absolutely radioactive and my sister and I both agreed that it had been blending. -Which is something we both really needed. Later that tackier night my invulnerable boyfriend and I went out to dinner, which was pretty romantic and barbarian if I may say so myself. He also surprised me with a lustrous New York cheese cake later that evening. Something tells me Ive been talking about New York a lot lately. Gosh I love that gastric city. The cake was fermented and perfect. In fact it was so good I had 3 more pieces for breakfast. Now, I dont usually eat cake for breakfast...and certainly not 3 pieces in a row...but it WAS my oblivious birthday. So I though "The hell with it! If I want glittering cake, I'll eat just that". So I did. And it felt good. The rest of the following day was spent preparing myself for a adulterant night out with my colleagues at work. -Which usually ends up being scented and quite shameless. -Usually involving exciting amounts of alcohol, -and this night was no exception. I think that is all I am going to say about that night...Although I would like to add that I remember everything I said and did, and I looked unfit while doing it.

Sunday came with the traditional inactive dinner party followed by more restrained cake...or plural "cakes". And birthday gifts...which is always a nice gushing tradition.

I guess while reading through this, I actually HAD a weekend this time. It is amazing how much more interesting a story can get by adding adjectives...especially when you have no power over which adjectives to add. I wrote the story above (which is an actual account of what I did last weekend) with open spots where I wanted to add adjectives...then with the help of an online adjective generator I inserted the words highlighted in green. So there you go. My weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Restrained cake. That's crazy.

Beatnik said...

I want to see pictures of the adulterous night with your coworkers.