Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Whatever happened to dialog?

My apologies to you all, but I have to get serious for a moment here…

How did published newspaper-drawings of Mohammed the prophet in two small countries in Scandinavia, lead to the burning of embassies in the Middle East? - And a 5 kilo gold reward to anyone who kills a Norwegian, Danish or German soldier in Afghanistan? -A reward that will be paid by a Taliban commander…And are the rumors of suicide bombers in Afghanistan, ready to bomb Norwegian and Danish targets, true? If so the world is nuts…

I am not going to get into any politics here or a long debate…but I couldn’t not mention this. How can any Muslim believe that burning and destroying a country’s property or harming or even worse killing another person is the way to respond to something like this? How can they get any respect at all with that kind of behavior? ‘Cause ultimately, isn’t that what they are asking for? -Respect? I feel bad for the less extreme Muslims living in Europe right now…They might end up suffering for what a few extremists do.

And let me ask you this: If you are Christian, and some country other than the one you are living in, printed a provocative picture of Jesus Christ…how would you respond?

I am shocked. I am sad. I am scared of what comes next.

May Allah/God/Jehovah/(add your preference) be with us.

1 comment:

thefoolishvet said...

Well said, Linn. Sadly... you are right :/