Monday, January 08, 2007

Twothousandandseven

2007…I could have sworn it was 1998 just a little while ago…I have such a hard time believing that the 1990s happened 7 years ago! 7 years! How can it possibly be 7 years since we entered the new millennium? I remember 7 years ago on New Years Eve…It was raining cats and dogs outside…and we (my friends and I) took the bus into the city to watch the fireworks…which I believe a hired Japanese fireworks expert was going to launch…(or was that for the constitution day? I cant remember…). That was 7 years ago. I was only 18…

It is 12 years (!!!) since one of my favorite movies, 12 monkeys, was released. I remember watching that one twice at the theater…I had to explain it to my friends ‘cause they didn’t get it. And it is now 7 years since I graduated from High School…and I am still not done with my education. One bachelor degree in 7 years…makes me sound very lazy doesn’t it? I guess to my defense I can say I spent one of those years abroad…and the rest of them testing out different branches within science…ecology, chemistry, biochemistry, biology, molecular biology, microbiology…etc etc. So its not like Ive been sitting at home scratching my ass. But it is time I finish up. And I have started the process. This coming year I am going to start my thesis on toxic mold. So at least I am moving in the right direction study wise.

On a personal level I am optimistic. I am starting the new year as opposite of single, which feels great. -Nothing like a boyfriend to make an otherwise pessimistic individual optimistic. My best friend (who has been hiding in England) is back in the country for good (I hope), with no plans of eloping as far as I know. My other best friend just got a raise and starts the new year with more to play around with (proud of you).


I have a part time job and an apartment with a great location. I think it will be a good year. I hope it will be a good year.

Time will tell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dang, you got me thinking at how long ago I graduated from high-school, started univ./finished univ....
no no no, this is a depressing activity: counting years.
But you are SO right. I too, can't believe we are in 2007!!!
I suddenly feel old.
*thud*

~Sara

Anonymous said...

Miss Ski...Happy New Year -- but I need a new blog. I'm bored!

Love, Wawa