Thursday, July 12, 2007

Weird stuff #1

As I was saying yesterday there are some weird things surrounding me in the lab...and I was kinda hoping someone could help me out here. I have been looking at this first thing for quite some time now, and I think Ive come to the conclusion that this must be some primitive form of a mixmaster...-Although it looks like it has been a little complicated to make...and Im thinking that today, being the 21st century and all...it would be a lot easier to just go out and buy a mixmaster...instead of making this thing. Must have taken a while too...there is a lot of components in this thing...mostly made of glass. The top thing looks like some kind of engine, and the glass bottle has a scary looking device inside it, which looks like something frightening surgeons would use...or perhaps its just a reverted propeller with blades from a blender...

Anyways...here's the pics..maybe you know what its used for.


An overview of the whole thing...its not too big, but too big to put in a bag.


This top thing looks really heavy...and kinda scary.


If you look closely, you can see the propeller thingy inside of it. I wonder if its supposed to go up and down...or just spin. -And what are those tubes on the top for? To stuff things into, I guess...but why so many? It could be some kind of instrument of torture.

On the backside of this thing, there is also an opening. -A glass tube where stuff can come out...brainmatter perhaps? Liquids of some sort? Smoothie?

I have no clue.

(PS, if you want an update on grandma, I'll put it in the filmblog)

3 comments:

Beatnik said...

I thought maybe it was a cooling centrifuge. Other than that, Im not so sure what the thing is.

thefoolishvet said...

okay, I have something in mind but for some reason I can't find the right way to explain it in English :P

Damn, girl. You work in a dangerous place!!!

Anonymous said...

I've even seen it up cloase and have no idea, those mychologists get up to a lot of werd stuff.. I know linn would like it to be a smothie machine :)