Tuesday, February 03, 2009

My little pony

Most of you who actually know me...and I assume you are the only ones reading this, know that I had the good fortune of going to Africa this past summer...more specifically Tanzania, which was simply a trip of a lifetime. As this was the golden opportunity to take pictures of a lifetime as well, I spent the entire time there with a camera attached to my right eyeball (come to think of it; no wonder my eyesight has gotten worse on that eye...)...and believe it or not, I managed to take some decent pictures...or lets face it, my camera managed to take some decent pictures...I pretty much kept it on automatic all the way through, letting my camera read the surroundings...Anyways, Ive used some of my favorite pics as desktop backgrounds on my computer, as I like to look at pretty things whenever I use it (and Ive come to realize that David Hasselhoff is not as well liked among the other students around me as I first thought...delicious Hoff *cough* sorry...I almost swallowed my tongue). The past 6 months, the photo of choice has been the following one:














I really like this picture as it shows several species in one frame, all species which we dont have in Norway, so I find it exotic. Besides, I love pink and flamingoes rock! This picture is shot in the Ngorongoro crater by the way. Ive come to love this picture...It makes me relax. I feel a sense of calmness and I can smell the dry dirt and feel the wind on my face when I look at it. I really can. Honest.

So Im sure you can imagine the shock and horror I felt today when I noticed a small detail in this picture for the first time...After having looked at it and loved it for 6 months...I noticed the zebra in the background:
















My first thought was; whoa! That is one exceptionally well-hung pony...But it made me sad. It made me sad because exceptionally-well-hung-pony is standing all alone...Not feeling the love. And no one should be that well equipped without attention. I wonder where all the baby-fevered Zebrettes are...And I wonder if he finally met a lady or if he is still standing there all lonely and sad. Perhaps the wilderbeast in the front of the frame gave him some love...

I can only hope.

Either way I think I may have to change my desktop background. To something happier...laughable...
-like the Hoff.

No comments: