Sunday, February 01, 2009

4 weeks to go

I realized when I woke up yesterday morning that I have essentially been burning my candle in both ends the past couple of months…Spending all day at uni trying to get my work done and then going to work at night trying to earn enough money to pay the bills…I don’t understand how some people manage to hold 2 jobs for years…I am exhausted after 2.5 months. I am happy yet stressed out by the fact that I have only 4 weeks left. Happy because I will be done and can finally get some rest…not to forget spend some time with my friends…be social again…Yet I am stressed out by the thought of having to finish perhaps 2 months of work in 1 month of time. But it will happen. I will be done in time and life can get back to normal…perhaps better than normal.

Either way I decided to take the day off today…and it has been good. Giving my body enough sleep for a change and having a long breakfast with my man. Soon we will go out to dinner and then off to the movies…good days go by so quickly. It is at times like these when you are really stressed out that it is important to notice the little things…and so I am going to do a little high/low from the past month…inspired by my friend wawa…who btw seems to have given up on her blog (shame on you).

January low: Definitely working on my thesis…stress has gained a new definition
for me.

January high: My guy at home who has been doing all the laundry and cleaning and
cooking…and still has enough energy to rub my stiff shoulders.

I will try to continue with the high/low for the next month…whether I post it here or not I will at least try to do it mentally…It will be good for me.

No comments: