Sunday, June 04, 2006

My granny and Bruce Willis

No, my grandmother is not dating Bruce Willis...If you're an employee of the National Enquirer, you may click the "back" button on your browser now.

However, my grandmother digs Willis. She loves to travel and refuses to join any seniors club because she doesn’t want to "hang around a bunch of old people all day". She has always been into action movies, and her favorites include any movie that has a car-chase involved,- or a big explosion. Now you may wonder how old she is... I could be an 11 year old kid talking about my grandmother who is 40 something in which case this whole situation would not be of much interest. Im sure Bruce Willis has tons and tons of fans that are 40 something...infact, I know he has...but I am not 11 years old. Lets,-out of respect for my dear granny, just say that she is past 65.

Last night I was having dinner with my parents and my grandmother, and after a couple of glasses of wine, she suddenly started talking about Willis. She was telling me what a man's man he is and how tough he looks. Now, I am not someone to disagree about Bruce being a handsome fella, I like the guy, I love his movies (which I have ever since my grandfather told me to watch Die Hard 2 many years ago),- and I figured my grandmother was just saying these things because she had heard me talking to my sister earlier about his upcoming movie '16 blocks' which hits the theaters here next week.

It wasnt until she started talking about one of Bruce’s movies, that I realized she was in fact talking about Willis because she really likes his acting. She told me about this movie she had seen many many years ago, where Bruce was running around on glass...and he was bleeding...and being vulnerable. And she told me that was the moment when she really took a notice to him, - and how she had 'kept an eye' on him ever since. The movie she was talking about was of course the first Die Hard, -to those of you who are from another planet, and this sparked a whole conversation about classic action hero’s and movies. It was eventually decided that Die Hard was the most believable of the big action flicks of the 80s while “the Terminator is of no interest, and Rocky cant speak properly”.

I dont know many people of my grannys generation who love action movies...but Im thinking I should take her to the theater next weekend and watch 16 blocks. After all, not everyone gets to have such a cool granny.

6 comments:

Senor Cheeseburger said...

Borrrrrrrrrrrrrring

Anonymous said...

Definitely take Granny to see 16 Blocks, she'll love it!

Anonymous said...

I think I know why your Granny is hot for Bruce Willis. She has just never seen the Beatnik.

Anonymous said...

Senor Cheeseburger? I think I can in fact kick your ass!

thefoolishvet said...

LMAO, your granny rocks, Linn! lol... Mine watches his movies too, but onlny those on tv. I think the last time she went to the movie was a decade ago, when we took her watch Mrs. Doubtfire. She almost chocked herself laughing, LOL...
A couple of years ago she came out with:

Granny: That guy, Bruce Willis (btw, nice name, short, easy...) works in the movies, right?

Sara: Yes, gran...

Granny: So, someday I'd like to ask him why Chuck Norris never loses his hat during the fights.

Sara: huh?! lol, whatever...

Go Grannies!!!

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»