Sunday, October 01, 2006

October 1st

I saw a butterfly today.

First day of October…in Norway….and I saw a butterfly. You gotta admire that kind of stamina and will. That poor larva has probably waited all summer for its wings…getting fatter and fatter in the pupae, before it finally one (unusually) warm day of October broke out of its organic prison, happy and content of its newfound winged life. It looked happy. Poor ting wont get old with this weather forecast…

I wonder if you can be happy enough for a lifetime in one day.

2 comments:

Beatnik said...

Damn, that Butterfly is not long for this world I would guess. Being that far north in October, that is just messed up. Hey how come no pictures of this venture? We would like to see some pics of Norway. Pics of your hikes. Hey! I got an Idea! Maybe you could take a Photographer with you. There is this guy, Geezer, Guzzler, something like that, and I heard he has some nice equipment. Maybe he would go with you. You ought to check into it.

thefoolishvet said...

We want pictures, we want pictures!
Actually, Linn... you should update your photo blog sometime :D

R.I.P. Butterfly :/