Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The Trip

Originally posted June 14th, 2005

Current Mood: still melting
Current Music: Mean Mistreater - Accelerators version

Ok, I said I would get back to my trip, so I should probably tell you about it now, before the heat melts away the memories I have. So warm, so very very warm...

First came LA. Lala-land is big...very big. As we were flying over the city before finally touching ground, buildings were all I saw...buildings and concrete as long as my lenses could focus…I should probably tell you that Im slightly nearsighted…but lets skip that. LA is fvcking big. That’s all you need to know. (Did I just cuss?). The flight from NYC to LA was bumpy with a lot of turbulence, so it was nice to finally get out of the flying tin tube and onto the ground. The bags were collected quickly, and we (which would be my boyfriend and I) were on our way to the hotel. We knew little about the hotel, except that it was located in Hollywood right next to Manns Chinese Theater, you might know it as the theater with all the celebrity footprints and handprints on the sidewalk…geez…you should think celebs had enough common sense to stay away from a newly cemented sidewalk! Anyways we got to the hotel and were blown away! Great hotel! Im pretty sure I almost walked straight into Macy Gray in the lobby one night…she looked the same and sure sounded the same. Pretty lady.

Ok, get to the point, right? We met up with a friend of mine the first day. She is from Philly, and we stalked her to LA…so she had to meet us. She took us to a famous hot dog place, Pink’s, great hot dogs, and a drive through Beverly Hills and Malibu. A great time was had by all. The following days were spent at various locations in LA; Universal studios (fun!), Long Beach (neat!), Santa Monica (ooooh pretty!) and some other places. We walked up and down Hollywood walk of fame quite a few nights, since our hotel was right there, had a stroll at Rodeo Drive (“pretty woman, walking down the street, pretty woman”- love that movie), bumped into a couple of celebs after the Batman Begins Premiere…Liam Neeson has that fatherly hotness over him, and Ive always had lots of respect for Sir Michael Caine, so it was kinda nice to see them in 3D. Both great actors.

After 4 days in LA it was time to move on. Next stop San Francisco.

I simply loved SF! I have to say LA lacks charm…LA is just a huge city with lots of buildings…SF has the charm. We went shopping in Chinatown, had a meal at a restaurant which started very nicely…We were just about to finish our nice Chinese supper, when a huge rat ran by us on the floor. I think its safe to say we didn’t finish our meal, and left the restaurant for good. Other than that we had a great time. Alcatraz was fascinating, the hills in that city are insane! How those cars get over those hills, is still a mystery to me. They can be glad they don’t have to deal with lots of snow during winter…The curved road on Lombard street is a classic, the cable car was too cute and the beautiful Exploratorium, which you might recognize from the movie “The Rock”. Lots of animal life surrounding it. I picked up a butterfly who just sat there in my hand, waiting patiently until I was done taking pictures of it. I could have done the same with the turtles, but I decided to leave them alone.

We also met up with a friend of mine in SF. She and her hilarious boys took us to Alcatraz. We had a great time and I have to thank the boys for their patience…I know grownups can be very boring while sightseeing…That’s why I plan on never becoming one.

By the way, I will always associate SF with Segway…I don’t know how many tourists we saw on segways while we were there…which reminds me. We got to try one while we were in Long Beach, LA.

Anyways, that’s it. That was the trip. And what a trip it was.

Btw, its really difficult to actually fall on a segway...

No comments: